How to stay on track during quarantine
I know we all are trying to get used to this new way of life. We walk by the pantry and it’s inviting us in for ANOTHER snack or the refrigerator is screaming our name. YOU FEEL ME?
Here are a few tips to stay on track during quarantine:
- Do not attempt to grocery shop when you are hungry! When shopping for snacks choose healthier options. We have several options for snacks at our house. Some fan favorites are fig bars, granola bars, organic fruit snacks, yogurt, fruit or hummus with sweet potato chips (these are amazing)
- Plan out your exercise. You don’t need a long workout or some crazy program you just need to move your body. My morning routine hasn’t changed much, I wake up a little earlier to take the dog for a walk and then do my normal workout.
- Find an accountability partner. I have been out walking and see so many people walking with neighbors or friends (yes they are socially distancing). I now have two people that meet me on Zoom workouts. I can tell you this, they hold me accountable. If I don’t feel like getting up at the normal time they remind me that I need to show up for me.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself! We are all doing our best, and we know our best might not be great but shit.. We are mom’ing, working, teaching, cleaning, laundering, and entertaining. How much can you ask of one person! Give yourself grace!
- Have fun! Enjoy this time with your family. Trust me I know it is hard for me to let loose and not have the laundry done or the house clean, but my son is so happy when mommy takes a break and has a water gun fight or we do sidewalk chalk together. He loves this extra time with us!
This too shall pass, life may not be the same from here on out but we are learning as the days go on! Keep your head up and give yourself the grace you deserve!